Wednesday 7 January 2015

Skin Saviours || Body Edition

So this is part two to my last post (which was all about the face) as similarly the winter can be cruel on our bodies. Here are some things I have been loving:

soap and glory body shop





Soap and Glory Rich and Famous Body wash (£6.50) -  This also smells incredible as it’s from the smoothie star range along with the breakfast scrub. Also, it lasts foreeeever. For the price, which may seem a lot at first, you do get more than your money’s worth and as much as I love this, towards the end I do tend to use stupidly large amounts in order to get rid of it, as I like to change up my body washes.

body scrub soap and glorySoap and Glory Breakfast Scrub (£8.00) -  A few years ago now, this was the first thing I tried from Soap and Glory and I still absolutely love it. It smells absolutely gorgeous, like syrupy coffee and as a body scrub it does pretty darn amazing things. It leaves me super smooth and because it’s so vigorous it almost makes me feel cleaner when I use this than with body wash? I use this twice a week as my skin is sensitive and as it is quite a thick scrub I wouldn't want to do overdo it so my skin doesn't look raw! Also I only tend to use this in the winter as it’s that kind of smell, whereas in the summer I tend to buy a mango scrub. 

The Body Shop Honey Hand Cream (£3.50) -  This was part of a christmas present so a recent staple, but a staple nonetheless. I usually hate the scent of honey but this one is lovely as it’s more subtle and not too pungent. It’s super moisturising and sinks in so quickly, leaving your hands silky. However I struggle with these as I find it difficult to control what is coming out of the tube as the neck is rather big (but thats more my problem anyway). But overall, apart from the fact that I am massively heavy handed, this is gorgeous.

Extracts Pomegranate and Rosehip Body Butter (out of stock) - First of all, the scent is incredible, like raspberry yoghurt! I think it smells identical to the Nivea Raspberry lip balm (also a strong fave) and it’s quite thick but it sinks in really quickly so you don't have to wait to put clothes on after - which is a win in cold weather - it’s not sticky either which is really lovely.

Palmers Body Cocoa Butter (£1.99) -  This product is just an all rounder in winter, I use this on my elbows and knees as they can get slightly dry, but I've also used it on my hands and feet and it works a treat on these too! It smells nice, it’s not my fave scent in the world although I seem to be the only person not keen on this smell as everyone else raves about it, however, I don’t find it unpleasant and the benefits far outweigh the smell!

Please leave anything you have been loving and if you haven't already, check out part one!

No comments:

Post a Comment