Saturday 3 January 2015

Skin Saviours || Face Edition

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Effaclar duo cleansing butter



It's pretty common knowledge that the winter does horrible things to your face - most of us get dry skin and we start to resemble Rudolph with our red noses from heavy colds. So I thought that I would share the things I have been using and loving during the harsh winter months.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (£15.00) - Ask anyone and they will rave about this. I struggle with cleansers as my face is so sensitive that everything reacts and leaves my skin sore, but I have been using this for a few years now and it is definitely mine and my skin's favourite. It leaves your face so soft and so clean, it's incredible.  (I did a full review on Liz Earle's cleanse and polish a year ago, so if you want anymore information check it out http://lolli-ta.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/review-liz-earle-cleanse-polish.html#more )

Body shop cleansing butter camomile

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter (£12.00) - This is the most gorgeous cleanser, it's got a super creamy formula so it really nourishes your skin. It literally melts away your make up and unlike most cleansing butters, it doesn't leave a greasy residue on your face. I bought this back in November and have been alternating it with Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish and i've hardly dented the product - a little goes along way!




Nivea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream (£4.35) - This is a rather new addition to my skincare but I am absolutely loving it. It's a fairly thick cream but it sinks in so quickly so you don't have to wait forever for it to dry. Another thing I love about this night cream is that it has no real scent so it is great for your skin plus it's a bargain at under five pounds!


Nivea Express Hydration Primer (£4.99) - I must have repurchased this now four or five times? Despite the fancy name it's just a ruddy brilliant day cream and primer rolled into one. I usually pair it with Benefit's Porefessional primer and these two together make such a smooth base for your make up that helps it stay put all day.

la roche posay effaclar duoLa Roche Posay Effaclar duo (£15.50) - I am way late onto the hype for this. I bought this about a month ago because my skin seemed to be getting more spotty than usual and i'd read reviews that this stuff was incredible, and I 100% agree. Within 3-4 days my skin was completely clear and although it doesn't claim to do this directly, my skin tone seems more even.

Lush Tea Tree Water (£4.25) - This is a toner that is antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal, so it keeps any bacteria (that in turn cause pesky spots) at bay. This can also be used throughout the day, similarly to the massively talked about Caudalie water. It smells amazing too and it's budget friendly which is always nice after Christmas!

Feel free to recommend facial products below, i'm always looking to expand the collection, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment