Wednesday 31 December 2014

Winter Lipsticks

MAC lipstick YSL Make up

Hello again,
As a massive lipstick fan, I thought I would share the ones that I have been wearing most during the colder months...



I am obsessed with dark berry lipsticks, and so most of the ones i'm going to talk about will be of that trend. I love how a lipstick can make an entire outfit and so I often find myself breaking the cardinal sin of either focusing on the eye makeup or the lips, however I do not care one bit as lipstick makes me happy (I am an incredibly sad lady).




MAC Rebel - My favourite lipstick of all time. It's a stunning berry purple with a hint of pink that can be built up to an almost black colour. It's a satin finish so it is incredibly moisturising and feels like silk on your lips.

MAC Diva - A deep reddy brown. This looks absolutely gorgeous on and despite being a matte finish does not cling to dry patches and is surprisingly not too dry. I also have Sleek's Vamp which is an exact dupe for this but I cannot stand the formulation -  you literally have to drag it across your lips!

Rimmel 107- The standard berry lip, everyone and their mum has this lipstick as it is such a gorgeous colour and formula. Not to mention the purse friendly price of £5.49!

Maybelline Colour Sensational in Pleasure Me Red - This is a gorgeous deep siren red. I used to stay clear of the standard red lip as it never suited me until I decided to suck it up and bought this. It is my favourite red without a doubt.

Other berry shades that I have been obsessing over are Rimmel 31 which is a gorgeous pinky red and Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Raplumsel, a sheer purple.

and now for the less traditional colours that I have been reaching for,

Topshop in Brighton Rock - This is an incredibly bright pink and is a lipstick that I reach for all year round. Topshop's formulation is really creamy however it lasts all day which is why I think they do the best lipstick - along with MAC and Rimmel of course.

Lipstick Queen in Sigh - LQ are fairly hard to get hold of in the UK but they are definitely worth the effort! This lipstick is a light purple with iridescent blue and pink sparkles (this makes your teeth look really white!) It's quite an unusual winter choice but I have found myself reaching for this lipstick again and again.

YSL Rouge Volupte in 32 - I would say this lipstick is a cotton candy pink which looks lovely on super pale skin like mine (although saying that, it would also look gorgeous as a contrast to a darker skintone). It's a really creamy formula and not to be judge a book by its cover here but look at how stunning the design is!!

Let me know some of your favourite lipsticks!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there !!

    lovely blog post !!

    great blog you have here

    would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Happy New Year!!

    Jade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love dark lipsticks for winter. Great choices.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete